However, times are changing now and it’s official that men’s skincare is blooming. According to Forbes, sales in men’s skincare products jumped 11% in 2017, with a full 84% of male respondents between ages 18 and 44 reporting that they use facial skincare products.
When we talk about skincare, the face is the first part of the body that pops in our mind. Facial skin is extra delicate compared to most of the other skin in the body that needs extra conditioning and nurturing. To achieve that, one has to start by selecting the best face washes for the individual skin type.
Throughout the day our hands touch various surfaces like handles on the train, lift buttons, and our beloved phone and other various grimy surfaces laden with bacteria. Also, while commuting we are exposed to various kinds of dirt pollutants and germs which get easily transferred to our skin. Although we wash our hands frequently, nowadays it’s a lot easier to keep our hands clean and germ-free since sanitizers are being owned by almost everyone. But are we able to give the same squeaky-clean best treatment to our face is the question we need to ask ourselves.
Almost every other skincare product these days claims to make our skin look younger, clearer, fairer, tauter, and dewier one must do thorough research before believing in such claims. While these are all the noble causes to select that one best face wash for every man, one should not forget the primary reason for using face-wash—-keeping our face sanitized like our hands.
Drawbacks of using Soap:
Now that we have established that face is our biggest selling point to look presentable, that does not mean that one should reach out to the closest bar of soap to wash our face the next time we hop in the shower.
Though soaps work adequately to cleanse the rest of the body, they are considered to be a poor choice for facial care for the following reasons:
1. Soaps are generally made by mixing fat and oil and can wreck skin by changing its pH, wipe out healthy bacteria, and strips away natural and vital oils from the skin. This can lead to increased dryness, itching, irritation, and inflammation of the skin making it prone to becoming damaged.
2. To make soaps attractive and increase their sales rate they are conditioned with add on aesthetics like scents and dyes which makes skin more damage-worthy.
3. Soaps also do not have enough moisture content which makes them abrasive to use on the skin.
4. Face Washes are easy to apply on the face as compared to thick bars of soap. Thus, it is easier to get a cleaner face.
5. Unlike face wash which is housed in a protected container, soaps aren’t and that is why soaps harbor more bacteria. Also, bacteria are mainly found in the soapy slime water surrounding the bar soap which makes it unhygienic to share.
It’s for the following reasons one should switch from using ‘’old-school’’ soaps for cleansing face to best face washes available out there.
Benefits of using the best Facial care washes:
We all agree that there is nothing like flaunting a radiant looking skin and to achieve that we need a really good face wash. Let’s accept it, the best face wash! Here are all the benefits associated with the regular use of the best quality of face wash by men.
1. It cleans: Face washes help to remove the dirt, oil, and urban pollutants from the skin and that water alone can’t leave behind.
2. It Exfoliates: The best face-wash not only helps you to get a clean face but also leaves behind all the icky stuff, dry skin cells, and debris, revealing a fresh layer of the skin.
3. It stimulates circulation: Some of the best face washes are embedded with granules, which help to stimulate blood circulation when you massage your face.
4. It hydrates: Washing your face twice with the best face wash will keep your skin hydrated and make you feel fresh all day long!
You certainly might have noticed that I have been emphasizing a lot on the best face wash and wondering what do I mean by that. Well to define it in a simple way the best face wash is the one which suits a men’s skin type and helps to make his skin better with every use without causing any harm/side-effects. To select the best face wash it is important for men to identify and understand their skin type.
To sum it up there are following types of skin:
- Sensitive skin: Generally experiences sting or burn after product use.
- Normal skin: Clear and not sensitive.
- Dry skin: flaky, itchy, or rough.
- Oily skin: shiny and greasy.
- Combination skin: dry in some areas and oily in others.
10 best face washes for men:
To help you find that one best face wash that is made just for your skin-type we have done comprehensive research on various face washes available in the market and came up with the list for best face washes for men.
If you are looking for a gentle facial cleanser for daily use then this is the one for you. Being Brickell’s signature face wash, this men’s facial cleanser will help you to get rid of all the oil and bacteria which are hiding deep within your pores without causing any dryness or irritation. It is suitable for men with dry, sensitive, and normal skin type. However, this is not suitable for men with oily skin. It is available in both scented and unscented versions.
- Suitable for skin-type: It works best on dry, sensitive and normal skin-type.
- Activated charcoal- helps to clean the pores filled with bacteria and leaves behind the oil.
- Olive oil: Replaces the dirty oil with healthy oil that nourishes the face.
- Jojoba: Helps to heal acne-prone, damaged, peeled-off skin.
- Aloe Vera: Restores moisture of the face.
10 best face washes for men:
- To get the best results from this best face wash use it at least twice daily i.e. after waking up, before going to bed and after exercise.
- Wet your face with luke-warm water, pour some amount in the palm of your hand and massage gently in circular motions to activate the formula.
Brickell Men’s Clarifying Gel Face Wash for Men:
- Coconut: Thoroughly cleans the face of oil, dirt and dead skin while moisturizing your face at the same time.
- Aloe Vera: Helps to heal and rebuild damaged skin and fills out the pores without causing dryness.
- Geranium: Cleans away facial impurities by acting as natural antiseptic.