It is of utmost importance for men who love performing outdoor activities or spends lots of time in the sun to have the best sunscreen for men lotion handy that can protect him from harmful rays of the sun. Dermatologists have even recommended everyone to include sunscreens in their daily skin-care regime urging to apply them every day irrespective of the climate.
We all are aware of the various health benefits of the sun, one of it being the rich source of vitamin D. Our body produces vitamin D when the warm rays of sunshine hit our skin. Sunlight is crucial for our well being; it improves brain function, reduces inflammation, lowers high blood pressure, improves heart health, helps to tackle depression, and can even cure some types of cancers. Hence, it is advised to get at least 10-15 minutes of sunlight daily.
But that’s not all! While there are lots of health benefits of the sun, too much exposure can have harmful effects on the skin like sunburn, wrinkles, premature aging, and deadliest of them all skin cancer! But there is no need to panic as we are here with the best solutions out there a.k.a.the Best sunscreen for men to help you protect from those harsh sun rays.
Following are some of the proven benefits of using a sunscreen
- Sunscreens can decrease the risk of developing skin cancer.
- Sunscreens can help you look young by limiting UVB rays exposure, which is responsible for premature aging.
- Sunscreens can keep your skin even-toned by preventing the skin discoloration.
- Sunscreens can protect you from sunburns. The sunburn is an unpleasant red, burning skin reaction from long exposure to the sun and the best sunscreens for men can effectively protect from it.
- The sun rays are getting stronger since the ozone layer is depleting, which means we need stronger protection from harmful rays thus more reasons to seek out for the best sunscreen.
Let’s try to understand a little bit more about what exactly are these hazardous effects of the sun. The main culprits that cause these skin-damaging conditions are the ultraviolet rays also known as (UV rays) that are emitted by the sun. There are two kinds of UV rays, UVA and UVB rays. The UVA rays can penetrate deep into the skin and also have the ability to pass through the glass, while UVB rays affect only the surface of the skin and are associated with sunburns.
Thus, both of these sun rays are potent carcinogens. Therefore, it is important for sunscreen to provide protection against both types of UV rays and the best sunscreen will essentially be able to achieve that. It is, for this reason, the FDA recommends using sunscreens that are labeled broad spectrum and contain at least SPF15 or higher.
To help you make a sound buying decision it is important to understand how sunscreens work. Some of the best sunscreens for men that are available out there are made up of both organic and inorganic chemicals. The organic chemicals absorb UV rays on behalf of our skin, like a protective shield while the inorganic chemicals scatter them so that they don’t penetrate the skin.
Best Face wash for men 2020
The sun protection factor is also known as SPF and is the measure of how effective a sunscreen is able to offer protection from UVB rays. However, there is no such scale available yet that measures for protection against UVA rays. To help you make sound buying decisions this is what you need to know about the SPF before you pick up your best sunscreen lotion.
- SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB rays.
- SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB rays.
- SPF 50 blocks 98% of UVB rays.
Along with SPF options, there are also different varieties of sunscreen to choose from
- Spray – Spray sunscreen can be more convenient in application than lotions.
- Mineral – Mineral or hypoallergenic sunscreens work best for those with sensitive skin.
- Sweat- or Water-Resistant – They are specifically formulated to stay on the skin even after getting wet, however, they are not 100% waterproof.
- Stick – Sunscreen sticks are perfect for spot application, such as your nose and ears.
10 BEST SUNSCREEN FOR MEN
Now that we know the importance and types of sunscreen, here is our list for the best sunscreen for men that are available in the market to help you get that strong protection from harmful sun rays.
Blue Lizard Sensitive Mineral Sunscreen
Blue Lizard Sensitive Mineral Sunscreen.SPF 50+ UVA/UVB Protection: This mineral-based sunscreen form blue lizard with SPF 50+ is the strongest UV protection yet. It is hands down the best sunscreen for men who love to spend time in the sun doing physical activities like swimming and jogging. It has proven to withstand 80 minutes of sweat and is water-resistant that aids to protect you for a longer period of time. Its formulated with zinc oxide and titanium Dioxide that helps to reflect those harmful rays. Moreover, its smart bottle technology turns blue when exposed to UV rays which will act as a reminder to apply sunscreen the next time you are on the beach!
- Octinoxate, 7.5%
- Octocrylene, 2%
- Oxybenzone, 3%
- Zinc Oxide, 6%
- Suitable for men with sensitive skin.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Apply to dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure.